Are you looking to enhance your performance or keen to develop someone else in your team?
I work in partnership with leaders and individuals in organisations who want to develop and achieve their goals. Through bespoke 1:1 coaching (and tools such as MBTI), I facilitate peoples thinking, stimulate ideas and support their learning.
I also work with small business owners and other freelancers who miss having a confidential and impartial sounding board and want the support and challenge of a coach to help keep themselves on track.
Topics are far reaching and may include:
- Emotional intelligence and managing different styles/behaviours/perspectives
- Enhancing self-awareness, building confidence and managing challenging situations
- Leadership skills, managing change and making difficult decisions
- Taking on a new role/team or overcoming a barrier to career progression
- Feeling over-stretched (or under-stimulated) and wanting to regain balance
How does coaching help?
Coaching enables people to better understand how they feel (e.g. their mindset, motivation etc.) and to reflect on their current actions and behaviours. Gaining this insight provides them with the clarity they need to identify goals, plans and actions. Ultimately, having a coach empowers people to make positive choices, make changes and achieve both personal and organisational goals.
Being human means that performing at our best can have its peaks and troughs. There are times when things are really going our way and we feel motivated, valued, decisive and successful. And then there are the times when we hit a brick wall or learning curve, when our confidence dips or we don’t feel so appreciated, or when constant change and challenge make it harder for us to give and achieve our best.
Coaching helps us during both the good and the less good times and is relevant for people at all stages of their career. Actual outcomes are based on agreed coaching goals, but in general the benefits of coaching in organisations are many (I could write a very long list!), including enabling the person being coached to:
- Feel heard and not judged
- Enhance self awareness, consider different perspectives and develop new insights
- Take responsibility for their own performance, actions and behaviours
- Define their vision and goals
- Identify strengths and development areas
- Recognise what helps and what hinders their progress
- Consider the impact they want to have (on others, on the organisation etc.)
- Overcome obstacles and shift their mindset
- Generate ideas and options and commit to agreed actions
- Review learning and planning next steps